Processing Plant Supervisor
CSS Recycling are one of the UK’s leading processors of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) in the UK. Consistent investment in modern Technology and the expertise of the CSS team has enabled us to provide sustainable solution for the recycling of WEEE.
With over 25 years of experience in the industry CSS now hold a range of major contracts with local Authorities, Utility Companies, Waste management Companies and leading UK Manufactures.
We are looking for an experienced Yard Supervisor to join our team.
Qualifications and Experience
- A good standard of English both orally and written is required. You must be well organised and be an effective communicator at all levels.
- Forklift licence
Skills and Attributes
- You must be a physically fit, responsible individual with good experience supervising a Yard. Flexibility to join our team to ensure a safe and organised environment.
- To ensure that the lines run in a manner that is both safe, yet efficient.
- To manage the staff under your supervision, to ensure that all work is carried out to CSS high standards.
- To ensure you have the correct staffing levels and inform the Yard Manager should you have any issues.
- Inspect machinery to determine the need for repairs and guarantee safety by performing regular maintenance checks.
- To ensure that any breakdowns or issues with the plant are reported to the Maintenance Engineer & Yard Manager immediately, so that the issue can be dealt with safely and correctly.
- To ensure that all of your paperwork is completely correctly and in a timely manner. Keep updated records of inventory and activity logs
- Unload/load materials from incoming/outgoing vehicles.
- To ensure the absolute safety of yourself and all other members of CSS staff during all aspects of your work.
- To put forward ideas and suggestions to develop and the running of both lines and warehouse.
- To ensure that the building and all stock within the building is kept safe and secure.
- Manual yard duties as requested with the Yard Manager.
- Comply with company policies and legal guidelines and help maintain a safe and orderly environment of the facilities.
Hours: Monday to Friday – 07:00 to 17:00 (47.5 hours per week) although some flexibility required due to nature of work. Day work only. Some overtime available prior to agreement.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent