CSS Recycling are the leading processor and recycler of WEEE waste in the UK, through the expertise of our people and the investment in technology we promote and deliver a sustainable solution for recycling of WEEE. Established for over 25 years we have major contracts with local authorities, utility companies and businesses alike.
As a result of continuous business growth we are looking to expand our team and recruit a Junior Plant Fitter/Mechanic. This is an exciting opportunity to take the next step in the career and join a well- established and successful team.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday: 45 hours, Saturday: 4 hours (totalling 49 hours) plus overtime.
Main Duties Include Assisting the Senior Fitter with the following:
- Inspect and troubleshoot industrial shredders, granulators, conveyor belts and other plant machinery
- Fixing faults on plant machinery or arranging for replacements to be installed
- Carrying out inspections on plant machinery
- Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work for Lorries
- Preventative maintenance
- Welding activities when necessary
- Dealing with breakdowns, unplanned problems and repairs
- Check functionality of safety systems
- Fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly
Attributes and Experience:
- Mechanically Minded
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- An interest in Mechanics
- Physically fit
- UK driving licence
- Great opportunities within the company for the right candidate